Etihad Stadium Manchester

Etihad Stadium Manchester

Saturday 30 January 2016

Kelechi Iheanacho, Remember The Name, Villa 0 vs. 4 City

"I am so happy to score today. It is my first hat-trick and I am hopeful of more to come”

, Kelechi Iheanacho – 30/01/2016.

Goals; Iheanacho 4',24' pen,74', Sterling 76'
Line Up (4-5-1); Cabaleero, Zabaleta, Sagna, Otamendi (Humphreys 88'), Clichy (Angelino 81'), Fernandhino (Celina 78'), Delph, Fernando, Navas, Iheanacho, Sterling
Stats;Possession, 57%/43%; Shots, 8(3)/13(10); Fouls, 6/10

None of the "Promise of Magic" bloggers caught this game live, so no full write up I'm afraid. I'll catch the game on Match Of The Day and smile sweetly as Lineker and Shearer look for sly put downs of my beloved City.

From the radio commentary it sounded as if there were highlights all over the pitch; two Ferna's and Delph, Sterling starting to look his best again,  four academy players getting game time, and of course a first (and likely far from the last) hatrick from Iheanacho.

So City are 7-0 to the good in their FA Cup this season, and are apparently the first team ever to head into February in all four competitions (though I'll need to check that one out). If we get our season started City might do well ;) #CTID.

@l0ngwayfr0mh0me